JOIN A VIRTUAL FITNESS CHALLENGE.
GET SUPPORT, STAY ACCOUNTABLE.
CHOOSE YOUR GOALS.
Gamify your fitness! Choose your goal from four levels, choose your own activities, track your minutes and report online. Make your goal and get money back!
MONTHLY FITNESS CHALLENGE: $25
Participate no matter where you are. Open to all fitness levels. Choose your own activities and fitness minute goal.
- Select from 500 minutes (average of 15 minutes a day), 1000 minutes (30 minutes a day), 1500 minutes (average 45 minutes a day) or 2,000 minutes (average 60 minutes a day). You do NOT have to exercise every day! You just need to hit the goal by the end of the month.
FUN & MOTIVATING:
- Be part of a virtual community AND you can win money! More exercise increases your chances, but anyone that reaches the minutes goal gets money back and some people get bonus prizes.
TURN EXERCISE INTO MONEY:
- Register by paying $25. $12 goes into a pot and is split by all those who make the monthly minutes goal. $3 of each payment goes into a separate pot, 1/3 of this pot goes to the highest minutes person, 1/3 goes to second place person, and the remaining 1/3 goes to a goal achiever drawn at random. (The rest goes to me, your fitness facilitator, and to taxes.)
- Any aerobic and strength-related activity counts, but a session must be a minimum of 15 minutes of continuous activity. Walk, run, lift weights, dance, yoga, stair-climb, Cross Fit, swim, bike, Wii fit, skate, take a strength class, whatever. Commuting (bike or walk) and yard work count if they are continuous 15-minutes. Choose a level that will be a challenge for you– don’t scoop the 500 level just because you can. Use this challenge to take yourself to the next level, either by pushing yourself with a little higher intensity, OR by getting you to do stuff you wouldn’t otherwise do (PT exercises, stretching etc).
- Check in on our group Facebook page (or email me) on each Sunday and the last day of the month and list your minutes for the week broken out by the day. Put reminders in your calendar so you don’t miss a check-in! IF YOU FORGET TO REPORT, you MIGHT or MIGHT NOT get lucky since I usually do the tally a day or so later. HOWEVER, YOU RISK not getting that week’s minutes counted! Put the daily workouts and minutes and the total for that week. like this:
- Sept 1 – 20 mins wogging
- Sept 2 – 20 mins hula hoop + 30 mins of Prancercize
- Sept 3 – nada…sat around!
- Sept 4- 40 mins extreme archery
- Total for the week – 110 mins
READY TO START?
- Pay your $25 entry fee via PayPal. In the note field, tell me which level you want to join: 500, 1000, 1500 or 2000 minutes.
- Go to Facebook and Friend me: I’ll invite you to the group page for your minutes level. If you don’t do Facebook, email me so I know. Start counting minutes and report on Sunday!
- Invite friends to join and send them a link to this page. As a recruiting bonus, I’ll put your name in the random drawing an additional time for everyone you bring in. Recruit three friends? You TRIPLE your chances!
*By joining in this challenge you agree to the following: Exercise has inherent risks. You should have the approval of your doctor before you start a new exercise program. You assume all risk and take responsibility for your own well-being. You hold me and this program harmless of any responsibility. You agree to abide by the rules laid out so far, and by any new rules advanced by the host to deal with unforeseen circumstances. This is for fun and health and not worth any of us getting stressed out over. If you feel any real problem exists, you agree to raise it the spirit of good sporting-ship. And this is the honor system, so be honorable!